Top 10 Reasons Why Clogged Toilets Happen
While there are many reasons why toilets clog, the view from longtime plumbers is the best way and means to keep clogged toilets is prevention. For instance, there is a list of 10 top reasons why toilets regularly clog.
The reasons why toilets back-up is often best left to a professional plumber who can diagnose the problem that may be linked to drain lines and other problems outside the home.
Clogged toilets linked to top 10 reasons
There are often gradual problems with a toilet’s drainage and flushing that is a tell-tale sign that there may be “an obstruction,” say plumbers commenting online.
In turn, the top 10 reasons why toilets become clogged include:
1. Overuse of toilet paper, resulting in stuffed and clogged toilet lines.
2. The problem toilet being on the second or third floor due to something being trapped in the drain line. This problem may require a plumber to run a camera line down the clogged drain to diagnose the problem.
3. The toilet water “flow” is insufficient to move debris from the toilet down through the sewerage line.
4. Something has changed in the home’s construction during a recent remodeling job that may have impacted the home’s toilet drain lines.
5. There is a current obstruction in the toilet drain pipe that may include a “foreign object” blocking the water flow through the pipe. This often occurs when something other than usual toilet waste is flushed down a toilet. For instance, a homeowner discovered that his toddler child accidently flushed a wash cloth down the toilet drain.
6. A blockage due to a buildup of human waste that has gradually built-up over time, and is now clogging the toilet drain line.
8. Woman’s personal items have been flushed down the toilet causing clogged drains that need clearly with a plumber’s “snake” to help clear the line.
9. A resulting flooding of the bathroom that is linked to too much toilet paper being forced down the toilet’s drainage pipe.
10. A backup due to a problem in the plumbing due to a back-up in the city’s main sewer line.
Overall, a clogged toilet may require the expertise of your local plumbing professionals to sort it out. In turn, the best advice is to simply call an expert before using dangerous and powerful sewer drain chemicals that do not always work.