Water waste brings about many concerns, which is why water conservation is of maximum importance for you when using water and energy.
Unfortunately, however, water usage comes with its share of issues, many of them both serious and costly. A plumbing company will have the expertise and specialized training to address these problems and assist you in managing your water and your energy, especially during the dry summer months when water availability is limited.
When you waste water, the issues compound and impact everyone. As vast as the world is, the overall amount of water is limited at best. That’s both critical and frightening, considering every living thing requires water for survival.
Countless agencies work to ensure water dispersal is available and widespread all the time. Governments, too, have created numerous programs to facilitate water management and minimize waste and overuse, a task that can be quite difficult, depending on location and time of the year.
Some of the issues involved include the ones mentioned above, spillage and the lack of groundwater, which can lead to drought. If the land has no water access, neither do those who live on it. In addition, human negligence can introduce complications into the fray of human living during those summer months.
Common issues due to human negligence include:
• Spillage, fracking & leakage
• Excess water & energy usage
• Chemical/drug contamination
• Inability to identify contaminants
• Ineffective operations of water supply systems
• Disregard to repairs & replacements
• Reduced water delivery to cities, farms, businesses & homes
• Threatened wildlife & their ecosystems
• Inadequate drinking water & sanitation
The above are only a few issues you have to face, which is why plumbing systems are crucial to prevent complications related to water usage, with your help.
It is important to consider plumping alternatives that ensure your system is efficient, cost-effective and that allow you to conserve water during the summer months.
The ill-effects of water and energy waste are not only resonant on a local scale but a global one as well. These effects range from environmental damage to health risks and even death.
Considering water is the elixir of life, its consumption is at the heart of its importance, so the detrimental effects tied to water naturally involve a threat to all living things.
The most disconcerting of all these effects is that of contamination, involving pharmaceutical drugs and industrialized man-made chemicals. In recent years, investigative studies have shown that a variety of pharmaceutical drugs are regularly deposited into the public water system—the same supply from which you drink.
Many locally and federally sponsored programs are designed and already in place to address this issue every day, but the problem persists.
Industrial chemicals are a much more controversial subject altogether, The evidence of this is scarce, although knowledge regarding fossil fuel deposits in lakes and the oceans due to waste and leakage is nothing new.
The questions here revolve around how such deposits affect human health, marine life, and the steps taken to minimize or eliminate them from occurring on the part of fossil fuel processing companies.
You should have the means for clean, safe water for you to drink and bathe in without risk or concern, depending on your preferences, needs, and circumstances.
The ultimate goal is saving on water usage. Conserving water not only prevents waste and keeps the water supply from depleting but increases the safety factor related to water consumption as well.
The world’s water supply is not endless, so conserving water is imperative for everyone. In order for you to maintain your health and lifestyle, you have to manage you own water usage, a practice that requires a day-to-day effort.
Below are a few important tips for energy and water conservation in private homes as well as businesses and public areas:
• Never let the water run while washing dishes, shaving or washing your hair. Debris, such as food and hair particles, clogs pipes. Use water-filled basins as necessary. Save up to 500 gallons of water a month.
• Install high-efficiency dual-flush toilets and waterless urinals with low-/no-flow flush options. These models reduce clogging and minimize water usage. Save as much as 19 gallons per person per day.
• Install a water-efficient clothes washer, and wash only full loads. You’ll conserve energy and water, 16 gallons per load.
• When working outdoors, adjust sprinklers accordingly. If you use a hose, water grass early in the morning or later in the evening when temperatures are cooler.
• Apply mulch around trees, plants, bushes and other floral to minimize evaporation and maintain cool soil, which reduces water usage.
• Use water-brooms, which expend a mere 2.8 gallons of water per minute. These implements decrease water usage and easily/thoroughly remove debris from the soil. Save 75 gallons every time you work outside.
You can cut back on water waste in other ways of home life as well, but the above six suggestions alone save between 1,200 and 1,500 gallons per month. That’s quite significant!
Being conscientious about your water use helps you, and everyone, during those summer months when water is in short supply, so never take it lightly.
If your pipes are clogged or eroded, call a plumbing company that can assist you. A trained specialist can clean or replace your pipes and provide excellent service with high-efficiency toilets, urinals and sinks.
Keep in mind that the high-efficiency options recommended above are more expensive, but they are sure to lower your water bill each month and allow you to conserve water throughout the year.
You should always consider taking steps to facilitate efficient water usage and water conservation. Remember, your water-use practices affect everyone.
For additional information and water conservation solutions in your San Mateo, CA home, call James Caccia Plumbing Inc. at (650) 376-6800.
save on your next plumbing servicesClick Here to save