Solar Powered Hot Water Heaters Near San Mateo, CA
- Our available energy resources are being consumed at an ever-increasing rate.
- The sun provides more than 10,000 times the amount of energy the human race currently needs.
- The radiation supply from the sun provides a five-billion year guarantee.
Source: Planning and Installing Solar Thermal Systems, by German Solar Energy Society
SOLAR WATER HEATING IN ACTION
- Vaillant’s closed loop system utilizes a propylene glycol liquid to protect against freezing and hard water. The sun warms the liquid in the solar collector on the roof.
- The liquid is pumped down to the solar tank where the heat exchange transfers the heat to the domestic water.
- As you use hot water in your home, the hot water in the solar tank flows into your existing water heater. Because the water is already hot, your water heater doesn’t have to work as hard.
- The solar station monitors the temperature of the liquid in the collectors on the roof compared to the water temperature in the solar tank and continues the transfer process until the desired temperature is reached.
- The solar hot water is ready for use in the home.
- The system is able to generate about 1,860 gallons of hot water a month for your home.
- Most customers see a 80% reduction in their annual natural gas costs.
- The average natural gas bill drops from $350 to $70 with a solar water heating installation.
- On average, the savings yield a 7.8% annual ROI.
- Your appraised property value will increase on average, by $5,600 without impacting your property tax assessment.
- Up to 50% of solar thermal system costs are eligible for incentives and tax credits. *
* Please consult with your accountant before making tax decisions. Local incentives vary by municipality. Note: These facts are for example purposes only – actual results may vary.
THE AVERAGE RESIDENTIAL SOLAR WATER HEATING SYSTEM ELIMINATES 125,000 POUNDS OF CARBON DIOXIDE OVER ITS LIFETIME. THIS IS EQUIVALENT TO:
Annual greenhouse gas emissions from 10.4 cars.
CO2 emissions from the electricity use of 7.9 homes.
Carbon sequestered by 1,454 tree seedlings grown over ten years.
2,362 PROPANE TANKS
CO2 emissions from 2,362 tanks of propane cylinders used for home barbecues.
Source: US Environmental Protection Agency